Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Deco shelled face plate

Just perfect for summer vacation time, not that I'm going on a vacation any time soon. :(
Oh well but I have gone in the past and collected these wonderful shells from Florida.
I like to use them every now and then like this project for instance. But not all of them. I'd like to save some of them for reference after all. :)

Anyhow I had this really boring and ugly old light switch face plate I had to look at every day for several years now and I finally had it. Since I always wanted a tropical themed design for my house but currently can't, :( I decided to at least add my personal touch to at least my personal space. The bed room.

I took one brand new plain Jane light switch face plate and I first painted it with a special acrylic that simulated the inside of a shell. A sort of a pearly white look. I then glued an assortment of shells and arranged it in a certain pleasing way. Then finally clear-coated it with an acrylic gloss and for the finishing touches added some simulated pearls.

Now I have something to switch on with a bit of class. 

 Before^
 After^

 Some close ups


No comments: