Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Spring gnome Easter card 2021

 Featuring another homemade greeting card from a few years ago cause I'm doing the best I can to catching up on my "show n tell" stuff here on my blog. 

This one features a cute spring gnome, not a leprechaun, holding up a lilly of the valley flower stock for you. I know what you're thinking, but its a gnome, all right? 

I made a drawing of my character and then traced it on to a separate piece of specialized paper. I think it was either water colour paper or a piece of card.  I used coloured pencil and markers to add colour. For the background I made that on water colour paper and painted that with water colours and maybe a bit of acrylic as well. They turned out pretty pleasing and gave me that happy feeling like it was meant to. Then cut out my gnome with an exacto knife, carefully gluing and then placed it on to its background. It's been a few years so if I remember correctly I had already cut it into a card before painting? Or did I place that on some other folded card? Oh well none the less I did put it all together and wrote a few nice words of Easter greetings for a good friend. I also decorated a nice envelope to go with my card but I didn't have to make the envelope this time. I guess I had one on hand that didn't get ruined for one reason or another. 

Oh and oh yeah, I came up with the gnome theme since the last few years gnomes seemed to be popular. Thought it might make a fun card for someone. I still see a few gnome themes, just not sure how popular they still are.

Anyways I hope you enjoy it and gives you a bit of joy. 😊 Most things in the world today, do not. πŸ˜”

As always will be also be placed in my personal web site in the future for viewing. 

 

 Some original drawings. πŸ”»


 

 


 

 Inside of card. πŸ”»

 


 

 Back of envelope. πŸ”»


Front of envelope. πŸ”»

 


 Front of greeting card. Saved the best for last. πŸ˜‰πŸ”»

 


 

No comments: