Friday, October 11, 2019

Turkey card

Now posted in my personal web site the blue sweater with shinny stars. 

Butttt oh what's this a lovely card I made last year with a Thanks Giving theme. 
I felt bad last year for missing my friends birthday so I made her this lovely card featuring this makeshift turkey in the tradition of children's craft art. OK they usually make it out of a hand prints but this is like the whimsical version for grown ups. 
I used a fancy fall leaf from a Chinese/Japanese maple as the tail. The leaf was preserved last year. Then I took scraps of construction paper shaped it in to the other parts of the turkey. Before I glued them on, I coloured patterns of feathers, face and other things that you would see on a turkey with coloured pencil and markers. I glued them all on a scrap of water coloured paper cut and folded in to a nice card, but not folded in the usual way. Picture a wet floor sign. I kind of was going for something different anyways. Pretty pleased with the whole results. Needless to say she was quite pleased too. And oh yeah I did remember to give her a nice card (another home made)this year for her birthday. I made sure I didn't forget. Wrote it on all kind of calendars and it does help to make things a head of time too. 
Anyways Happy Thanks Giving 🌰🍗Canadian version. But its also good for the American version too. 😁

No comments: